Thursday, April 23, 2009

Never a dull moment

This little guy likes to keep me on my toes. I had my 30 week appt yesterday so Dallin and I headed to Showlow. I wanted to do a few things there so it was easier to take Dallin with me. Dallin didn’t like my appt and didn’t like anyone touching me. My doctor came in and measured my uterus. It wasn’t measuring right and at my last appt it was. My doctor wanted me to get an ultrasound done to see why he wasn’t growing. As he left to find Leanne (ultrasound lady) my heart just dropped. All I could think about was the last time we had to find Leanne- we got bad news with our miscarriage. My doctor seemed to be really worried so I was trying not to think about things and just to calm Dallin down. During the ultrasound, Dallin just laid his head on my chest and laid next to me. We enjoyed watching baby brother and he was a great comfort to me. I was so relieved when she said he was measuring just right and doing well. My doctor said it’s probably the way I am carrying him. He said not to worry because the baby is growing perfectly. Well, the worrying mom in me is back. I will probably worry until this little guy is in my arms. As we left the office, I had to fight to hold the tears back. I told this little one he can’t scare me anymore. He’s done that a few times. The best part was that we got another cute picture.


He looks really snuggled in there tight. Leanne said he sure looks like Dallin. We can't wait to see him!

Oh yea- my glucose test came back normal. YEA!!! I don’t have to do the follow up 3 hour test.

3 comments:

Wendi and Matt said...

Love the picture!!

Amy said...

Glad everything if OK!

Jen & Blake said...

Yea! Happy to hear that you are all doing great. No more scares baby boy:) We had such a fun time at Easter! Miss you all and hope you have a super week! xoxo