Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Time

Thanksgiving was different this year. Ryan had to work Thanksgiving Day so we didn't travel and didn't spend time with family. But I have to say it was nice just being our family.



Before Thanksgiving, we had to get wood for some families that needed it. Our ward has a huge wood pile and that's one of Ryan's responsibilities- getting wood to those that need it in our ward. The boys always love helping. Dallin was so proud of himself climbing to the top of one pile!!

Then we went home and ate dinner and then got our turkey ready. I was a little worried about doing a turkey all by myself but my friend told me about the Scouts here. They dig a huge hole and you bring your turkey prepared and they bury it and cook it for you overnight. And boy was the turkey good. There was no carving of this turkey. It just fell off the bone and was so juicy and yummy. I didn't get any pictures of our dinner. It was all delicious and the best part was that dinner was the start of Ryan having a couple of days off. He has been so busy lately so we were all ready for some family time. During dinner, we asked the boys what they were thankful for. Dallin said Heavenly Father and Jacob said water. I love these moments!!

The next morning we got up and went to Showlow to do a little Black Friday shopping. The crowds really weren't that bad. Dallin saw this train for under the tree and begged Ryan. He gave in and look who was so happy- both boys were so excited. The train sat between both of them all the way home.

Then when we got home we got the Christmas stuff out. Hannah just loved sitting in all the boxes- her favorite thing to do these days.

Every year Ryan and I have a tradition of getting a new snow globe. These are a few that we have gotten in the last several years. I love this tradition and can't wait in 20 years to have a huge display of our snow globes.

This year we decided our theme for Christmas was trains with buying the train for under the tree and how much the boys love trains right now. This is the snow globe we found for this year. We both saw it and knew right away it was the one. We just need to get a picture of our family for inside the globe.

And the boys love this train scene. It's our 2nd year having it and is one of my favorites. The boys call it the baby train since the train under the tree is big.

I just love this little tree. Grandma gave it to the boys a couple of years ago. They were so excited to decorate it. And this is how the tree ended up. My first thought was to move a few ornaments around so they weren't in one area but this is the boys masterpiece. I look at it and smile. They had so much fun decorating it.

I just love Christmas decorations!!

And here's our Christmas tree with 3 precious kiddos I love so much!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you are all ready for Christmas now. Just need some presents under the tree!

Wendi and Matt said...

FUn fun fun!!! Love the decor