Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sit, sit, sit, and sit some more

What a crazy couple of days we had last week. I saw my doctor last Wed. My uterus still wasn’t measuring right so we had an ultrasound done. He is still measuring right on track and growing. They said he weighed 4 lbs 12 oz. I then asked my doctor to check me. I wasn’t really having contractions but a lot of pressure and I knew he was low and had dropped. Sure enough, I was dilated to a 2, my cervix was very soft, and his head was very, very low. Last Fri I was 34 weeks and my doctor was worried I would make it to 36 weeks. He recommended I get a steroid shot to help the baby’s lungs develop in case he came really early. I got a shot then and had to go back the next day. I hate shots but the things we do as a mother. I was glad the last time I had gone walking was the Mon before my appt. I was also very grateful I had decided to not use our new eliptical machine until after he had come because I didn’t want to push myself too much. Then, Thurs afternoon I started to have contractions- fun back ones and I could feel them in my legs. Luckily, they weren’t consistent but I still called my doctor. He put me on medicine to stop my contractions and told me to sit, sit, and sit some more. He wanted me to do as little as possible. He also told me that if I were in active labor before 36 weeks they would have to helicopter me to the valley because the hospital up here isn’t equipped for babies born that early. He didn’t want to worry me but wanted me to know. That wasn’t exactly what I wanted to do. But so far, so good. The medicine has helped but makes me feel crappy and tired. This is day 6 of sitting. We are just praying this guy waits till I am at least 36 weeks and then I told him we would talk. He is just so excited to join our family he can’t wait. He couldn’t wait to start his journey after our miscarriage and can’t wait now. As much as we would love to see him, the longer he is in me the better. So please say a prayer for our little guy and for me. I wasn't able to get another picture of our little guy because his head was too low and turned. I told the lady we have a ton of pictures of our little blessing already.

On top of all this fun I have a nice tooth ache and I hate dentists. I am seeing one tomorrow morning so think of me then. I don't know what he can do but maybe some relief. When it rains, it pours!!!

We love you all!!!

5 comments:

MM said...

I know it is very hard for my sister to sit and do nothing - she used to run 10 miles every morning for exercise.

The helicopter would be fun and a great experience - especially since it will be free and insurance will cover. Plus, we could see you and the new baby!

Amy said...

Goodluck! We are keeping you in our prayers. Enjoy the relaxation now because once he comes, you never get it back!

Johnson Family said...

I feel, feel, feel your pain... your pregnancy is like letter for letter just like Will's.... stopping the labor... making me sit..... telling me to wait until 36 weeks or they would have to fly me to Phoenix... It sounds like a rerun, and reruns are no fun!!! I know this part is not fun, but it will soon be over... even though it feels like forever!!!
Hang in there and tell me if you want me to come and get Dallin. We can take him here to Bagdad for a while to join in the Johnson fun!
Love ya,
christa

Wendi and Matt said...

We love you! It will all be worth it once the little one is in your arms!

Jen & Blake said...

We will keep you all in our prayers. I know it must be so difficult to not want to get up and do everything for your family. Hang in there and keep us posted:) love you guys!